MovieRecorder 4.0 and MovieRecorder Express 4.0 are now out of beta. Enjoy!
We are happy to say that we have been working on macOS High Sierra since a while and there is no known issue with the latest versions of our applications. If you want to upgrade, we recommend as usual to have a backup readily available so you can revert back just in case the upgrade does not go as smoothly as it has been for us. If you do so, and you are using a serial number, remember to deactivate your serial number before booting from a backup hard drive.
If you are using a dongle, make sure to update your Softron application to the latest version available from the downloads page (the ones released after September 10th, 2017) to ensure that your dongle license will be seen.
Ten years after the release of the first version of MovieRecorder, we are bringing another major (r)evolution to ingest solutions with MovieRecorder 4 and MovieRecorder Express 4. We will be showing MovieRecorder 4 at IBC2017, stand 7.G12, so come by and see for yourself.
NEW in MovieRecorder 4:
- Fully configurable user interface
- NDI® sources
- External audio sources
- Effects and overlays
- HEVC (H.265) support
- Save and restore configurations
MovieRecorder Express 4 is an entry-level version of MovieRecorder. It uses the same reliable recording engine and beautiful user interface as MovieRecorder 4, with the same outstanding features such as edit-while-ingest, NDI® sources, scheduling, remote control,... But it limits some of the available features to make it even more affordable for everyone.
MovieRecorder 4 and MovieRecorder Express 4 will be available for purchase on October 1st, 2017. Contact us if you are interested in being part of the beta program when it's available.
- NEW: Support for NDI output (even Fill & Key)
- NEW: You can now select a folder where you will place your own web pages for easier integration with our REST API.
- NEW: Password for remote control is now optional
- IMPROVED: Fade and transparency is now done using alpha level and not intensity
- FIXED: Some items would "blink" when using the "Push and crop" effect and using the "Stay forever"
- FIXED: Some issues with RSS feeds
- FIXED: The first letter of some characters was slightly cropped to the left
- FIXED: Issues with rich etxt formatting in 10.10
NDI™ is exciting, right? It's even better on the Mac! Softron is adding to the excitement by implementing NDI™ in all of our playout applications. Now, thanks to NDI™, you can transfer HD and 4K video over a simple ethernet cable. No need for routers or even SDI cables anymore. All this while preserving the ease-of-use and reliability of our products.
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.5?
- NEW: Support for NDI output
- IMPROVED: <strong>Important behaviour change </strong>when reaching the end of the last clip in an event, instead of looping back to the beginning of the event, OnTheAir Node will stay on "hold last frame" of the clip.
- IMPROVED: When a clip is paused, and user does a "skip to next", the playback starts again on the next clip (useful for Live events that were set to pause and that ends)
- FIXED: Some "growing files" could remain opened even after they have been closed.
- NEW: Support for NDI output
- NEW: Support for control from Tricaster (when selecting the OTAV input in your Tricaster, playback will start automatically in OnTheAir Video)
- FIXED: Issue when splitting the same clip multiple times in a row
- FIXED: Issue with the "K" button to enable/disable keying