Due to the global chip shortage we are unfortunately not able to supply the M|xx bundles anymore. We will continue to support existing customers, including with the Apple Silicon compatibility, but we will not be able to sell new bundles. Of course, our software-only bundles (S|xx) remain available and can still be used with any supported Blackmagic, Deltacast or AJA interface.
We have new icons for all our "Universal" applications (the ones that can run natively on Apple Silicon computers).
Some of our applications may not have the new icon yet, and that's because they are not "Universal" yet, most probably because we are still waiting for a third-party libreary or framework to be universal. But stay tuned as we should receive these very soon. Read the following article for more information on the compatiblity with Apple Silicon Computers.
The new icons have been made by the studio MadebyHanna, we are forever grateful for such a beautiful job, thank you! These previous icons have been with us since more than 10 years, so these ones should be there for a while too.
At IBC 2019, Softron has announced new hardware bundles which have now been divided into the S|Family (software-only) and the M|Family (software + hardware).
We are happy to say that we have been working on macOS High Sierra since a while and there is no known issue with the latest versions of our applications. If you want to upgrade, we recommend as usual to have a backup readily available so you can revert back just in case the upgrade does not go as smoothly as it has been for us. If you do so, and you are using a serial number, remember to deactivate your serial number before booting from a backup hard drive.
If you are using a dongle, make sure to update your Softron application to the latest version available from the downloads page (the ones released after September 10th, 2017) to ensure that your dongle license will be seen.
Ten years after the release of the first version of MovieRecorder, we are bringing another major (r)evolution to ingest solutions with MovieRecorder 4 and MovieRecorder Express 4. We will be showing MovieRecorder 4 at IBC2017, stand 7.G12, so come by and see for yourself.
NEW in MovieRecorder 4:
- Fully configurable user interface
- NDI® sources
- External audio sources
- Effects and overlays
- HEVC (H.265) support
- Save and restore configurations
MovieRecorder Express 4 is an entry-level version of MovieRecorder. It uses the same reliable recording engine and beautiful user interface as MovieRecorder 4, with the same outstanding features such as edit-while-ingest, NDI® sources, scheduling, remote control,... But it limits some of the available features to make it even more affordable for everyone.
MovieRecorder 4 and MovieRecorder Express 4 will be available for purchase on October 1st, 2017. Contact us if you are interested in being part of the beta program when it's available.
!!! NEW requirements:
- Mac OS 10.10.5 or later (10.9.5 is no longer supported)
- AJA Drivers 12.4.2 or later
- Deltacast Drivers 5.21 or later !!!
- No changes for Decklink (10.3.1 or later).
Check the system requirements page for MovieRecorder.
What's new in MovieRecorder 3.5?
- NEW: Updated video devices SDK and frameworks
- NEW: Edit metadata remotely
- NEW: Counter token in custom naming schemes: place the counter token where you want
- NEW: Some tokens in custom naming schemes can now be formatted differently (Year, Month, Day, Counter)
- NEW: Edit end time or duration of scheduled recordings while they are taking place
- NEW: Display 20 Viewers (4x5)
- NEW: Added more controls with Contour Shuttle to control VTRs
- NEW: Added support for metadata of Borneo MAM
- NEW: Added support for .m4v extension when recording to H.264
- IMPROVED: When in DEMO mode, remote recorders will now show DEMO at the end of their name (to avoid confusion and issues)
- IMPROVED: AJA cards now appear/disappear in the list of playback devices when the device is connected/disconnected
- IMPROVED: When recording to Classic with XDCAM, there are no more issues with long durations (but this is not recommended still)
- IMPROVED: TC track now use the fps of the video input not of the TC source (improves behaviour for users with Audio LTC source)
- FIXED: Some issues with scheduled recordings
- FIXED: Issues with scheduled recordings on Daylight Savings time days
- FIXED: Audio mapping issues when configuring AVpresets
- FIXED: Timecode accuracy when recording to Segmented destination in XDCAM (2 frames offset)
- FIXED: When recording in p50 or p59.94 for more than 9 hours there were incompatibility with the QuickTime file format. We have thus now limited the maximum duration to 9 hours.
- FIXED: Issues with JPEG2000 when recording to interlaced formats
- FIXED: Metadata Sidecar file is now generated also for Scheduled and VTR recordings
Multicam Logger - the essential add on for any system used for Multicam editing.
The M|family now consists of three software and hardware bundles. The M|80 with its 8 inputs, released at last year’s NAB was (and still is) the first ingest solution for the Mac offering that number inputs on a single device (using one single thunderbolt cable). With the M|62 and M|44 users can now also playout video. The M|62 provides six inputs and two outputs, while the M|44 has four inputs and four outputs. These are ideal for production facilities needing to record multiple cameras as well as playout video for their show.
For the ingest, the M|80, M|62 and M|44 use Softron’s highly acclaimed MovieRecorder software. MovieRecorder has been upgraded to version 3.2 and will be included with these bundles. MovieRecorder 3.2 adds a significant number of features including, Integrated Remote Control, MXF support, autonaming, the automatic detection of the incoming signal’s video format, Closed Captioning with most video cards, and a nice “Activity” window to monitor the performance of the system.
To output, the M|62 and M|44 are provided with Softron’s OnTheAir Video Express, (upgrades are available to OnTheAir Video and OnTheAir Node, Softron’s higher end playout solutions). Users can output pre-captured video (for example, as a news items or background video) or play files that are still being recorded by MovieRecorder, making it a very cost effective and easy “time-slip” solution.
Softron has gathered what it thinks are the highest quality hardware components in order to
ensure the best user experience possible.
The M|family is an “all-in-one” solution, hardware and software, all you need is a Mac Pro. Just connect the Thunderbolt cable provided to your Mac and start recording and/or playout.
The M|family of products is available from the Softron Media Services online store or from Softron Media Services resellers worldwide. MovieRecorder and OnTheAir Video Express are bundled with the M|family ingest and playout solutions that provide high-density multichannel input and output.
MovieRecorder 3 is the most versatile ingest software you can find. Sports and Live events producers praise its edit-while-ingest capabilities, which allow them to edit a multi-camera session while it is still being recorded, and thus be ready with a summary at the end of the show. Broadcasters who have to record feeds at given time of days enjoy its scheduling feature. Churches love its “Loop recording” feature for time-shifting. Reality show producers love its ability to record 24/7 while automatically and frame-accurately splitting the clip into segments, which is also a widely used feature for TV stations in the need of a compliance recording system.
OnTheAir Video Express supports most file wrappers (QuickTime, MXF, ts) as well as most video codecs including in 4K (Apple ProRes®, Avid DNxHD®, DVCPRO HD, H.264, MPEG-2, XDCAM EX®, XDCAM HD®,...). It also supports still image playback, clips with alpha channel and control playback from production switcher using GPI.