Due to the global chip shortage we are unfortunately not able to supply the M|xx bundles anymore. We will continue to support existing customers, including with the Apple Silicon compatibility, but we will not be able to sell new bundles. Of course, our software-only bundles (S|xx) remain available and can still be used with any supported Blackmagic, Deltacast or AJA interface.
We have new icons for all our "Universal" applications (the ones that can run natively on Apple Silicon computers).
Some of our applications may not have the new icon yet, and that's because they are not "Universal" yet, most probably because we are still waiting for a third-party libreary or framework to be universal. But stay tuned as we should receive these very soon. Read the following article for more information on the compatiblity with Apple Silicon Computers.
The new icons have been made by the studio MadebyHanna, we are forever grateful for such a beautiful job, thank you! These previous icons have been with us since more than 10 years, so these ones should be there for a while too.
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.5.4?
- NEW: (Server) Added SCTE event counter (when the parameter is missing)
- FIXED: (Designer) Issue when drag and dropping shape items in timeline
- FIXED: (Designer) Text was not immediately refreshing in the preview
- FIXED: Issue with relative paths
- IMPROVED: (Server) Performances when using Apple Remote Desktop
- IMPROVED: Now requesting for "Full Disk Access", so we don't ask each time we need access to folders
- IMPROVED: Contact support now supports "dark mode"
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.5.3?
- FIXED: Crash with Mojave or earlier versions (in version 3.5.1)
- FIXED: Horizontal alignments of digital clock was wrong
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.5.1?
- NEW: Added support for new M|Family
- NEW: OP47 is now passed through when using a Live input (enable the CC checkbox on the project in OnTheAir CG Server)
- NEW: SCTE triggers are now passed through when using a Live input (enable the CC checkbox on the project in OnTheAir CG Server)
- NEW: SCTE triggers can now be triggered using AppleScript
- IMPROVED: Now using NDI SDK 4.1.3
- IMPROVED: Disconnection/Reconnection of multiple NDI sources
- IMPROVED: When shutting down the computer, we won't show the confirmation "Are you sure you want to stop playback".
- IMPROVED: Updated AJA, Blackmagic-Design, Deltacast and FFMEG versions
- IMPROVED: Behaviour when replacing media files through the REST API
- FIXED: Playback of some MPEG and MXF files
- FIXED: Playback of FLAC/MKV files
- FIXED: Playback of files with some AC3 audio
- FIXED: M|Family: "Reference Source" preference is now properly saved
- FIXED: AJA: CC output is now working again
- FIXED: Timeline issue (when scrolling up or down, there could be an offset)
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.4.3?
- IMPROVED: Support for Dark Mode
- FIXED: When projects are modified in CG Designer, it would not update in CG Server
- FIXED: Aspect ratio is now properly saved
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.4.1?
- FIXED: Possible crashes when using Live inputs with Blackmagic-Design devices in NTSC world
- FIXED: AJA: Issues with internal key
- FIXED: Some possible issues when accessing OTACG Server with the REST API, or from OnTheAir Node's CG plugin
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.3.5 ?
- FIXED: Memory leak when using "Direct Link" with Live sources
- FIXED: Possible crash when using 'Contact Support' on a computer not connected to the web
- FIXED: Error outputting to some Blackmagic-Design devices with files containing CC
- FIXED: CC was not supported on Deltacast devices
WARNING! When you start OTACG 3.3.4, projects will be automatically updated and won't be compatible anymore with older version. Make sure to do a backup of your projects before you update.
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.3.4?
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.3.2?
- NEW: Added an option "Continue playback on pause" set in movie items inspector. Which sets that the movie will continue playing when project is paused.
- IMPROVED: Added a "playback" preference to set wether the external key output is premultiplied or not.
- IMPROVED: Installer now removes the previsou versions before installing to fix some installation issues.
- IMPROVED: Updated api.html documentation for REST API
- IMPROVED: Updated "Contact Support" to be able to upload larger log files
WARNING: OnTheAir CG 3.3 and later requires macOS 10.10.5 or later. Version 3.2.4 is the last one to support macOS 10.9.5
On January 1st, 2018, we will stop selling upgrades from our "old" playback applications to the latest and greatest versions.
Versions impacted by the change:
- OnTheAir CG 1.x
- OnTheAir Node 1.x
- OnTheAir Video Express 1.x
- OnTheAir Video 1.x
- OnTheAir Video 2.x
If you still own one of the licenses above and did not upgrade yet, it is the best time to do it. After January 1st, 2018, you will have to purchase a full license if you want to upgrade.
So don't wait any longer. Our latest playout applications (now all in version 3) offer great new features and improvments.
Contact us if you want more info on the upgrade.
We are happy to say that we have been working on macOS High Sierra since a while and there is no known issue with the latest versions of our applications. If you want to upgrade, we recommend as usual to have a backup readily available so you can revert back just in case the upgrade does not go as smoothly as it has been for us. If you do so, and you are using a serial number, remember to deactivate your serial number before booting from a backup hard drive.
If you are using a dongle, make sure to update your Softron application to the latest version available from the downloads page (the ones released after September 10th, 2017) to ensure that your dongle license will be seen.
This is a minor release, but with a major change: it now comes with an installer. Because of Gatekeeper we had to provide an installer.
BE AWARE that the OnTheAir CG will be installed in a folder named "OnTheAir CG", so you will have to delete the previous versions that were in folder named "OnTheAir CG 3". Make sure you also remove them from the dock so you actually start with the new version.
A few good news: There are some sample projects and html pages provided so you can actually get started with the wonders of the REST API. Get a web developer working on this to see all you can do with that. Contact us for more info if needed.
What's new with OnTheAir Video CG 3.2.4?
- FIXED: When a Live input from a direct link was not quit properly and it then came back on, there was an audio issue
- FIXED: When multiple devices using the same name were connected, only one was seen. (For example multiple UltraStudio 4K, or multiple AJA Io 4K)
- FIXED: Crash when playing wav files
- FIXED: Audio issues in 1080i29.97 when using the SMART engine with AJA devices
- NEW: Support for NDI output (even Fill & Key)
- NEW: You can now select a folder where you will place your own web pages for easier integration with our REST API.
- NEW: Password for remote control is now optional
- IMPROVED: Fade and transparency is now done using alpha level and not intensity
- FIXED: Some items would "blink" when using the "Push and crop" effect and using the "Stay forever"
- FIXED: Some issues with RSS feeds
- FIXED: The first letter of some characters was slightly cropped to the left
- FIXED: Issues with rich etxt formatting in 10.10
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.1.5 ?
- IMPROVED: Some Menu items have been renamedfor better
- FIXED: projects being stuck in "loading" in OnTheAir CG Server
- FIXED: Issues when scrubbing and pausing in OnTheAir CG Server (mainly through the REST API)
- FIXED: when controlling OnTheAir CG Server via the REST API, some frequent calls or replacing items could create issues
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.1.4?
- NEW: Support for rich text formatting of text items (portions of the text can use different format). Only for manual text, not for Folder based tickers
- IMPROVED: When using left/right keyboard shrotcuts in the timeline, it now moves the playhead +- 1 frame instead of moving the item in the preview area
- FIXED: Playback issues after scrubbing
- FIXED: Audio issues when the audio output used more than 2 channels
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.1.3?
- NEW: "Pause frames": add paused frames to your projects so that when they are played OnTheAir CG Server will pause the playback on those frames
- NEW: In OnTheAir CG Server, -Right click on a project to "Publish" or "Unpublish" in order to allow (or not) control from OnTheAir Node
- NEW: Keyboard shortcuts in OnTheAir CG Server for controlling playback of the selected projects
- IMPROVED: Rendering performance on Mac Pros
- IMPROVED: REST protocol improvements. (Added "scrubToTime, and other new items)
- IMPROVED: Closed Captioning is now preserved when using DirectLink from OnTheAir Video or OnTheAir Node
- FIXED: Opacity cursor for text items was not always displayed in OTACG Designer
- FIXED: Text items do not "flash" anymore when their value is updated by the REST API
WARNING: If you control OnTheAir CG from OnTheAir Node, you should upgrade also OnTheAir Node to version 3.3.3 or later as we use a new authentication system in the OnTheAir CG REST API.
What's new in OnTheAir CG 3.1.2 ?
- NEW: End animations are now played even on items that are set to "Stay Forever"
- IMPROVED: Project will only be updated when modification date changes
- FIXED: When a Ticker folder is not set to "Stay Forever", but the project is Looped in CG Server, the ticker will start again from the beginning.
- FIXED: In OnTheAir CG Server, even if you open a project with the same UID as another opened project, it will be attributed a new UID