Due to the global chip shortage we are unfortunately not able to supply the M|xx bundles anymore. We will continue to support existing customers, including with the Apple Silicon compatibility, but we will not be able to sell new bundles. Of course, our software-only bundles (S|xx) remain available and can still be used with any supported Blackmagic, Deltacast or AJA interface.
We have new icons for all our "Universal" applications (the ones that can run natively on Apple Silicon computers).
Some of our applications may not have the new icon yet, and that's because they are not "Universal" yet, most probably because we are still waiting for a third-party libreary or framework to be universal. But stay tuned as we should receive these very soon. Read the following article for more information on the compatiblity with Apple Silicon Computers.
The new icons have been made by the studio MadebyHanna, we are forever grateful for such a beautiful job, thank you! These previous icons have been with us since more than 10 years, so these ones should be there for a while too.
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.8.6?
- FIXED: Issue with Attributes not being read
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.8.5?
- IMPROVED: Updated NDI SDK to version 4.5
- IMPROVED: ATEM Plugin: Added support for new ATEM drivers
- FIXED: Issues with the scheduler in some very specific cases when playback stops exactly at the moment the next event starts
- FIXED: Issues with Contact Support which would not collect logs
- FIXED: Issues with Auto-restart
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.8.4?
- FIXED: Issue with keying with Blackmagic Design devices (started with Node 3.8)
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.7.8?
- FIXED: Brought back support for DNxHD (in .mov containers)
- FIXED: Inconsistencies with durations of clip using 23.98 fps
- FIXED: Some issues with the plugin to control OnTheAir CG (Plugin version 3.0.9)
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.7.6?
- IMPROVED: Updated AJA SDK
- FIXED: Possible issue when accessing multiple projects at the same time
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.7.5?
- IMPROVED: Playback continues for some corrupted files with problematic frames at the end
- IMPROVED: MPEG 4 files can now be decompressed again (note that this is not H.264 we are talking about but MPEG-4)
- FIXED: Connection issues with the OnTheAir CG plugin
- FIXED: Keying issues with AJA devices
What's new in OnTheAir Manager 3.2.3?
- FIXED: A few UI issues in Mojave
- FIXED: TC display issues in inspector
- FIXED: Password in Keychain was not always remembered
- FIXED: Display day now uses again preferred language in System prefs (was not automatic since 10.13)
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.7.4?
- IMPROVED: Updated AJA SDK to support AJA Io 4K Plus
- FIXED: AJA: Issue when using reference input
- FIXED: NDI: In DEMO mode, when pausing video, it would flash the demo frame
- FIXED: Duration issue with some mpg files (would show a duration longer than what it actually is)
- FIXED: A/V Desync when playing some mpg files
- NEW: Added support for AJA Io 4K Plus (this required us to upgrade to the latest SDK)
- NEW: Added support for CC embedded in MXF XDCAM files
- NEW: Added support for CC embedded in MOV H.264 files
- IMPROVED: Performances with UHD decompression
- IMPROVED: Updated a few libraries and SDK used
- FIXED: Added some safeguards to prevent issue when some dates were missing if a schedule was received with the REST API
- FIXED: The "coming next" attribute could be triggered for all following clips
- FIXED: The duration of some MXF files (for example the ones created by MovieRecorder 4) is now correct
- FIXED: Possible crash when using 'Contact Support' on a computer not connected to the web
- FIXED: Error outputting to some Blackmagic-Design devices with files containing CC
- FIXED: CC was not supported on Deltacast devices
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.6.5?
- NEW: Added support for CC with MPEG files
- FIXED: AJA Audio routing feature now properly set
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.6.4?
- NEW: Added support for Closed Captioning CEA-608 (Requires option)
- IMPROVED: Added more info to the REST API playback status
- IMPROVED: AJA devices: routing to Composite or component output
- IMPROVED: Default NDI Source name now corresponds to the application name (was previously the computer's Bonjour name)
- FIXED: Order of Nodes could be inverted in system preference pane + issues with Node 2 and 6
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.6.2?
- NEW: REST API: added a command to recue the current clip at any position
- IMPROVED: "Contact Support" now allows to send larger files
- FIXED: fixed bug where MediaItems would never be deleted when the corresponding files are deleted (or moved)
! WARNINGS: Version 3.6.2 now requires:
- macOS 10.10 or later.
- Blackmagic-Design drivers 10.9.5 and later
On January 1st, 2018, we will stop selling upgrades from our "old" playback applications to the latest and greatest versions.
Versions impacted by the change:
- OnTheAir CG 1.x
- OnTheAir Node 1.x
- OnTheAir Video Express 1.x
- OnTheAir Video 1.x
- OnTheAir Video 2.x
If you still own one of the licenses above and did not upgrade yet, it is the best time to do it. After January 1st, 2018, you will have to purchase a full license if you want to upgrade.
So don't wait any longer. Our latest playout applications (now all in version 3) offer great new features and improvments.
Contact us if you want more info on the upgrade.
We are happy to say that we have been working on macOS High Sierra since a while and there is no known issue with the latest versions of our applications. If you want to upgrade, we recommend as usual to have a backup readily available so you can revert back just in case the upgrade does not go as smoothly as it has been for us. If you do so, and you are using a serial number, remember to deactivate your serial number before booting from a backup hard drive.
If you are using a dongle, make sure to update your Softron application to the latest version available from the downloads page (the ones released after September 10th, 2017) to ensure that your dongle license will be seen.
What's new with OnTheAir Node 3.5.4?
- IMPROVED: You can now select the number of channels you want to install
- IMPROVED: The Logo overlay settings are now disabled when the SMART engine is disabled
- FIXED: issue when multiple devices using the same name were connected. (For example multiple UltraStudio 4K, or multiple AJA Io 4K)
- FIXED: crash when playing wav files
- FIXED: audio issues in 1080i29.97 when using the SMART engine with AJA devices
What's new in OnTheAir Manager 3.1.1?
- NEW: Added the ability to enable/disable the slave mode (unlock the slave Node, then right click on the lock and select "enable slave mode")
- NEW: Even if an event is in Loop, we will still display the overrun and underrun information (so it is easier to schedule)
- NEW: The duration of the selection is now shown (so you can know how long a given set of clips will last)
- FIXED: Some issues with stick to next/previous
- FIXED: When selecting all events by clicking on the top of the column, sometimes some events of the previous day were selected
- FIXED: Issues when renaming categories
- FIXED: Issues with the clip real start time and calculation of the underrun/overrun in the currently playing event (some fixes may require to update to OnTheAir Node 3.5 to be seen)
NDI™ is exciting, right? It's even better on the Mac! Softron is adding to the excitement by implementing NDI™ in all of our playout applications. Now, thanks to NDI™, you can transfer HD and 4K video over a simple ethernet cable. No need for routers or even SDI cables anymore. All this while preserving the ease-of-use and reliability of our products.
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.5?
- NEW: Support for NDI output
- IMPROVED: <strong>Important behaviour change </strong>when reaching the end of the last clip in an event, instead of looping back to the beginning of the event, OnTheAir Node will stay on "hold last frame" of the clip.
- IMPROVED: When a clip is paused, and user does a "skip to next", the playback starts again on the next clip (useful for Live events that were set to pause and that ends)
- FIXED: Some "growing files" could remain opened even after they have been closed.
What's new in all 3 applications?
New driver requirements for Deltacast cards. You should use drivers 5.21 or later. Check the System Requirements.
- NEW: Updated video devices SDK and frameworks (this is the main reason of the version number change)
- IMPROVED: The menu "Contact Softron Support..." now gathers the unified logs of macOS Sierra
- IMPROVED: Read performances on some network drives
- IMPROVED: Scrubbing on some files
- FIXED: Duration of still images was ignored
- FIXED: Some DNxHD QuickTime mov files were indicated as not valid
- FIXED: Playback of some H.264 files
- FIXED: Playback of some ProRes files on network drives
What's new in OnTheAir Node 3.4?
- NEW: REST API: Added the ability to reload the schedule using a path
- NEW: CC is now also working for 720p and 1080p
- NEW: AJA cards now appear/disappear in the list of playback devices when the device is connected/disconnected
- IMPROVED: Error reporting when controlling Node via REST api
- IMPROVED: Internal and External Key opacity are now done on Alpha
- FIXED: DNxHD 440 RGB files in a YUV output
- FIXED: Issues with the NodeCG plugin
- FIXED: HDMI output with AJA Io 4K
- FIXED: Issues with the REST API when using playlists
- FIXED: Audio Issues with AJA devices (we can now only select minimum 6 channels)
What's new in OnTheAir Live 3.1?
- IMPROVED: Connection/Disconnections with OnTheAir Node
- FIXED: Issues when the media received from Node had some "nil" values
What's new in OnTheAir Manager 3.1?
- NEW: Added EPG plugin for New Zealand
- FIXED: LED status of backup Node is now the same as the main Node
- FIXED: Some possible issues when importing playlists and schedules
- FIXED: Issues when the media received from Node had some "nil" values