We have new icons for all our "Universal" applications (the ones that can run natively on Apple Silicon computers).
Some of our applications may not have the new icon yet, and that's because they are not "Universal" yet, most probably because we are still waiting for a third-party libreary or framework to be universal. But stay tuned as we should receive these very soon. Read the following article for more information on the compatiblity with Apple Silicon Computers.
The new icons have been made by the studio MadebyHanna, we are forever grateful for such a beautiful job, thank you! These previous icons have been with us since more than 10 years, so these ones should be there for a while too.
What's new in OnTheAir Switch 2.9?
- NEW: Now using the new icon scheme used by all our "Universal" applications.
- IMPROVED: Full Compatibility with macOS Big Sur (11.0).
- IMPROVED: Universal application for better performances on Apple Silicon computers.
What's new in OnTheAir Switch 2.8?
- NEW: Added support for Mojave's "Dark" mode
- IMPROVED: Updated the api.html document for the REST API
- FIXED: Issues with AJA Kumo
We are happy to say that we have been working on macOS High Sierra since a while and there is no known issue with the latest versions of our applications. If you want to upgrade, we recommend as usual to have a backup readily available so you can revert back just in case the upgrade does not go as smoothly as it has been for us. If you do so, and you are using a serial number, remember to deactivate your serial number before booting from a backup hard drive.
If you are using a dongle, make sure to update your Softron application to the latest version available from the downloads page (the ones released after September 10th, 2017) to ensure that your dongle license will be seen.
What's new in OnTheAir Switch 2.6 ?
- NEW: Added a REST API to be able to control your router using a modern web API
- NEW: Communication with OnTheAir Node plugin is now using the REST API, for better reconnections (requires OnTheAir Node 3.3.7 or later, plugin version 1.2.10)
- NEW: Added the "Contact Softron Support..." menu
- FIXED: Issues with "Triton Protocol 64x64" plugin
- General Stability and performance improvements
- Fixed issues with Blackmagic-Design Videohub
- Added the support to automatically refresh the status of the Blackmagic-Design Videohub and AJA Kumo routers (all the IP based routers)
- Added and improved support for Leitch Panacea Protocol (automatic detection of the number of inputs)