What's new in MovieRecorder and MovieRecorder Express 4.2?
This is a major release of MovieRecorder. We have updated most of the frameworks and SDK that we use. There may be driver requirements changes. As usual, make sure to run tests (even with a demo version on a different computer) in your specific configuration before putting a new version in production.
- NEW: Create a "Streaming" destination. Requires the Streaming Center application to create streaming destinations and presets (macOS 10.13 or later). Streaming destinations can only be created when the Streaming Center application is installed. You will need a separate license of the Softron Streaming Pack to be able to stream without the demo blue frames.
- IMPROVED: When user has refused to allow access to microphone, there will be a notification (used for Audio LTC input)
- IMPROVED: Application is now "Notarized" so you should have less warnings from Gatekeeper
- IMPROVED: NDI: Updated the SDK to version 3.8
- IMPROVED: NDI: AV Sync after network issues
- IMPROVED: NDI: Now supporting sources with variable frame rates (from "Scan converters" for example)
- IMPROVED: AJA: Updated the SDK to version 15 (Requires drivers 14.3 or later)
- IMPROVED: AJA: Support for UHD and 12G input of the AJA Io 4K Plus and other models (you can now choose between single or quad link)
- IMPROVED: Blackmagic-Design: Updated the SDK to version 11 (Requires drivers 11.1 or later)
- IMPROVED: M|Family: Updated the Deltacast SDK to version 6.11 (Download the compatible driver from our website)
- IMPROVED: GPICommander: Added
- FIXED: Blackmagic-Design: Aspect ratio is now properly set when using SD uncompressed format
- FIXED: Audio issues when using "auto-split" in macOS 10.13 with Classic destinations
- FIXED: Duration of split recording is now properly saved when duplicating destinations
What's new in MovieRecorder 4.2 only?
- NEW: AV Presets: Effects: Custom text overlay, using the same "tokens" that can be used for the file naming
- NEW: AV Presets: Effects: Change the frame rate of the recorded file (the source can be 60p and the recorded file 30p for example)
- NEW: Added the ability to restore configurations using the REST API
- FIXED: Field priority issue when recording in DVCPRO50
- FIXED: VTR Capture: Serial VTR Timecode now have its frame rate changing when input display mode change
- FIXED (version 4.2.1): Crash when doing a right click to choose the "old" reveal in Finder
What's new in MovieRecorder Express 4.2 only?
- IMPROVED: It is now possible to record simultaneously to one QuickTime and one Streaming destination. Thus, the destination selection menu on the Viewers has been modified. You should now check the checkboxes to enable destinations. IF you try to enable more than one QuickTime or more than one Streaming destination at the same time, the previous one will be disabled. Reveal in Finder is now done using the little icons, and not the right-click.