Easy integration with other applications
- Control many matrix video switchers through RS232
- Control Blackmagic-Design Videohub or AJA Kumo through Ethernet
- Can be controlled directly from OnTheAir Video or OnTheAir Node for automatic switching
OnTheAir Switch can control many matrix video switchers through RS232 or Ethernet. The application is AppleScriptable, and has a REST API, allowing it to be controlled from any application (even applications from third parties). It can be used as a standalone application or integrated with OnTheAir Video, MovieRecorder or OnTheAir Node. Check the specifications page to see which router is supported.
We can theoretically support any video router, but we need to implement the protocol for it of course. Before buying OnTheAir Switch, you can check the specifications page to check which Matrix Video Switcher is already supported and if yours is not in the list, simply contact us to ask if your Switcher can be supported and how to proceed.
Download OnTheAir Switch
Version 2.9.4 - 30 December 2021
- Release Notes
- System requirements: macOS or driver requirements may change between versions, so make sure to check.
- Help Center: Includes a lot of useful information, sometimes not available in the user manual
- YouTube Channel
Once downloaded, unzip the file, and drag and drop the Application in your Applications Folder.
In DEMO mode, OnTheAir Switch will quit after 10 minutes.
How to unlock the DEMO version ?
Just download the latest version and replace your previsous version. It is always recommended to run extensive tests with your specific workflow and setup before putting a new version in production. You can use a free demo version for that on a separate computer. Previous legacy versions are available from the general downloads page.
You do not need to deactivate and reactivate your serial number when updating your Softron software. Read the following article to know when to deactivate.